Medasense Biometrics is seeking a Clinical Application Specialist for Spain and Portugal
Medasense develops innovative medical devices and applications in the field of physiological pain-response monitoring. The NOL (nociception Level Index) technology is based on proprietary signal acquisition sensor platform, and advanced algorithms which identify and grade the physiological pain response patterns. NOL® technology enables clinicians to optimize pain control treatment and by that, minimize adverse events, improve clinical outcomes and reduce costs.
The Clinical Application Specialist is accountable for clinical support of Medasense’s innovative Nociception Level (NOL) monitoring products to hospitals in selected European countries. Their role is to educate clinician users identified by the sales team, ensuring a disciplined and complete clinical evaluation process to drive usage & quick adoption.
Duties and responsibilities
• Train and guide anaesthesiologists in the safe and effective use of the PMD-200 monitor, and demonstrate its benefit to their patients.
• Ensure that hospitals evaluating the PMD-200 have a consistent and effective evaluation process, that shows the clinical benefit of the NOL technology to their patients and the institution.
• Provide detailed reports to the local sales distributor, and Medasense marketing / clinical staff regarding the new customer evaluation process.
• Assist sales management and in-house training departments in educating/training new sales representatives and clinical specialists.
• Drive deeper adoption of the product among existing customers, and continuously improve the user experience.
• Provide potential leads for new products, opportunities and customers to the Area Sales Manager(s) as identified during the course of product demonstrations, evaluations and training.
• Collaborate with the cross-functional team including sales, marketing, and R&D. Provide input on new product development based on in-field experience.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key clinical stakeholders.
• Thoroughly learn and maintain current knowledge of products, services and competitors’ landscape. • Provide continuous market feedback on products and market conditions.
• Work with distributors to establish centres of excellence in Spain.
Reports to Chief Commercial Officer
Interfaces with all departments and subcontractors
Spain. Travel-90% via car or plane
• Resident of the Iberian Peninsula; native Spanish speaker; excellent spoken and written English.
• University degree in life sciences or equivalent related degree/experience.
• 5+ years’ experience in hospital clinical practice (operating theater preferred). 3+ years medical device company experience strongly preferred.
• Proficient in demonstrating and selling new products/technologies to all levels within the medical industry.
• Proven ability to identify client needs and the resources needed to meet them, communicate product benefits and build solid, lasting account relationships.
• Excellent presentation and communications skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with a major CRM system.
• Extremely familiar with the operating theater, and with the practice of anesthesiology.
• Thorough knowledge of hospital procedures and ability to interpret clinical data.
• Maintain solid relationships with both clinicians and the sales team.
• Must be highly autonomous, with the ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Clinical Application Specialist – Spain/Portugal in the subject line.