- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of information.
Medansense develops innovative medical devices and applications to objectively asses the physiological response to pain . by that it enables a personalization of the analgesic treatment and optimization of pain control.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily by you, including, without limitation, by registering or completing the contact forms available through the Website, subscribing to our newsletter or providing us with your details in various events. If you contact us for reasons such as for a specific service, asking questions or requesting technical support, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your email address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
Use of Information:
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
Providing the Requested Services:
- We provide technical and professional support for customers who use our devices and contact us for such support. We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the purchased device.
- With regard to the above mentioned contract, user interaction with Medasense is used as a feedback mechanism that improves our machine learning by promoting suggestions you decide to accept.
We process this information, as it is necessary for the performance of a contract with our customers or for our legitimate business to obtain further knowledge in order to update our services and our solutions.
Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We use several means to improve and develop our services such as articles, reports, as well as hold customer events and conferences.
- We analyze the information we receive from such sources to evaluate and improve our services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Your e-mail and your account will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account, to respond to you regarding comments or inquiries you have submitted or in order to contact you when Medasense believes it to be necessary.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Medasense’s services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected. This enables us to personalize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs, as well as to improve your experience on the Website by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- Medasense takes part in many events and conferences to present its product and services to existing and potential customers. If you register for such events, we will provide you with information and services associated with the event and additional services in which you may have an interest in. Sharing your personal information with us during an event, will allow you to receive personalized marketing materials.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to enable easy access to information on our services and products and to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we reasonably attempt to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any of your Personal Information, to any third party without having received your permission, except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law.
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management, analytics or maintenance services. In particular, we use Google AdSense on our Website, which uses DART cookie to enables it to serve ads to our users based on previous visits to our site and other sites on the Internet. Users may opt-out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google AdSense’s privacy settings. We also share your information for analytics purposes with Google Analytics. Google Analytics’ technology collects information about your usage of our services. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. We may provide access to your Personal Information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or the services that you have requested and/or to our personnel in order to provide customer services.
Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Medasense, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
If you are located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you may be entitled to certain specific rights regarding your personal information. Subject to eligibility, users in the EU or in the EEA have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete,
- Object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, Medasense is a “Data Controller”. Therefore if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above you may contact us at: info[at]medasense.com .
do not use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of this Website. This aggregated tracking information is used to improve and enhance website experience. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting websites to the user’s personal preferences. Usually, cookies contains varied information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on websites, the location from which you arrived at the website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by so rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on websites.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to info[at]medasense.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. Keep in mind that we may be unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party, who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Generally, Medasense does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your personal data from our systems (unless the data is required for Medasense to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services), and inform other relevant parties to which we have disclosed your personal data of the erasure request.
Access to Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of you personal information you may contact us with a request and we may charge a small fee for such service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may request to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Relevant Legal Framework
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can change your personal information by emailing us.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with personal data through the Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction